ABOUT THE EVENT!
The inno4sd symposiums are spaces for dialogue and knowledge transfer between all
the ecosystem actors related with the SDGs, its main result is to identify areas of opportunity where the scientific knowledge can be applied –immediate and efficiently- in the solution of the most important and urgent public policy challenges.
The Innovation for Sustainable Development Network (inno4sd) is a global initiative created in 2015 in Brussels with funding from de European Commission (Horizon 2020). Its mission is to bring together networks, entities and individuals with the aim of reducing knowledge fragmentation and supporting multiple agent’s collaboration in order to promote decision making based on (scientific) evidence, whilst engaging policy makers, research & development and businesses to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Previous editions of the inno4sd symposium were held in Brussels, (Belgium, 2015 and 2018), Nicosia (Cyprus, 2016) and Pretoria (South Africa, 2017). To date, over 4500 people have participated in the different events organised by inno4sd in collaboration with partners.
The 2019 Symposium has been design with the following areas:
A session with scholars, researchers and PhD students;
A session with entities of the ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship for the SDGs at National Monte de Piedad;
A High-level Policy Dialogue at the Mexican Senate;
A multi-actor dialogue, workshops and special sessions at Universidad Iberoamericana.
The 2019 Symposium is organized by inno4sd in association with the School of Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EDESI) from Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City
- Center for High Impact Social Innovation (CISAI) from ITESO
- GreenMomentum / Cleantech Challenge Mexico
- Mexican Network in International Cooperation and Development (REMECID)
- SEEDS - University of Ferrara
With strategic international partners:
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP_
- Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN, in strategic collaboration with the McGill Centre for the Convergence of Health and Economics MCCHE)
- Montreal International
- CERCIS - university of Ferrara
And national strategic partners:
- Mexican Congress -H- Cámara de Diputados -Foreign Affairs Commission
- Mexican Senate
- Cirklo Mexico
- Futuro Circular
- Causa Natura
- National Monte de Piedad
With the support of:
- European Commission / EU Delegation in Mexico
- Mexican Office of the Presidency / Agenda 2030 Coordination Unit
- The Fridha Company
- Zona Exacta
- SDSN Mexico